Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Evangelical Magazine Supports Impeachment and Removal
Benton Wrote:Well... Actually, I didn't say the woman was weird. I said it's getting weird. That's what I said and what I meant. I don't know if or to what extent the woman is weird.

Okay, you didn’t say the woman was weird, you just consider her thoughts to be weird

Quote:To the second graf: maybe you should. If Christians start holding Christians to a Christian standard, maybe they'll act like Christians again.
Then again maybe you just want them to “act” like your interpretation of a Christian (more on this later)

Quote:To  the last: eh, we all sin. We're all given a chance to have remorse or make amends. I don't see that from trump.
He’s not required to show it (be obedient) to you

Quote:But it does beg the question: are you giving the same pass to everyone? If trump fits your definition of a Christian because he says he is one, are you as accepting of homosexual Christians? An abortion doctor? Drug addict?
It would be my definition of a Christian only if I judged (you know the type). Of course I’m accepting of all those people you suggest; however, I see you have judged me. Anyone who follows this forum a little bit should know the respect I have for Mayor Pete and his faith.

Benton Wrote:Yup. It's being a good neighbor.

If their neighbor's car won't start, most people will offer a hand. Spiritually and emotionally it's no different. If their neighbor says he's a Christian while daily cheating on his wife, stealing from his boss, snorting a line for breakfast and making fun of dolphins, then he's not acting like a Christian. So a person has two options: they can encourage the guy to act like one, or they can continue to let him ruin his own chance at salvation and possibly others.
I have o idea where you got that I wouldn't encourage anyone; it’s my Christian duty to encourage. I simply said I would not judge them.

Quote:And that's something I think a lot of evangelicals are forgetting. To people outside the faith, one of the figureheads of evangelicals (trump) behaves consistently in opposition of how  Jesus asked his disciples to behave. For anyone who isnt a Christian and watching the recent political attempts to compare trump to Jesus, the desire to become a moral scumbag probably isn't appealing.
Or maybe that non-Christian sees Trump as a flawed human and thinks “Well I don’t have to meet Benton’s or the Facebook Pastor’s definition of a Christian to give my life to Christ. I can turn myself over to Christ and establish a personal relationship with God”

Trump is not perfect, far from it, but I'm not equipped to handle the immense responsibility of judging whether or not he's a Christian. I can simply pray he leads us down the right path and hope he has a personal relationship with his savior. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Evangelical Magazine Supports Impeachment and Removal - bfine32 - 12-23-2019, 12:16 PM