Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good chance Zac Taylor is fired if we lose next week?
(12-23-2019, 02:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The thing is you only know this with the benefit of hindsight.  I doubt Taylor will be as successful as any of those coaches, but the truth is we can't tell yet.

Taylor was dealt a terrible hand.  He was given a weak roster to start with and then lost two of his better starters (Green, Boling) plus his number one draft pick before training camp even started.  He was given no help in free agency, and struggled to put together a decent coaching staff.  Neither Taylor nor either of his Coordinators had ever entered a training camp as anything more than a position coach.

There is no way you can judge a coach properly in a situation like this.

I say we bring in Jay Gruden as OC and Marvin Lewis as DC then sign a couple of decent starters in free agency.

No one is coming to work for this guy.  It's clear this is a sinking ship, why would anyone hitch their wagon to someone so incompetent?  If I go interview for a job and know that the boss is incompetent and everything is trending downward it's a terrible position and would only do so if I had no other choice.  This is how all potential coaches view the Taylor coordinator opportunities.  No one is going to come to save us.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Good chance Zac Taylor is fired if we lose next week? - cj1895 - 12-23-2019, 02:41 PM