Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Having the First Pick Doesn't Matter for the Bengals
I understand the well-deserved pessimism as of Bengals fan under the helm of Mike Brown.

As much as I loathe this front office particularly Mike Brown I must admit that this front office had the franchise in position to go far in the playoffs in 2005 and 2015.

In both cases the strength of the Bengals could be the offensive line. Drafting a quarterback with the overall number one pick without addressing adequately the offensive line would not improve things.

If the Bengals decide to go with Joe Burrow, then they most likely will have to get at least two IOL and one offensive tackle as well as bring in a free agent tackle. They will also need at least one wide receiver fairly early. This means they will not be able to fix the defense this year. They may get one linebacker and maybe if they're lucky a safety or cornerback.

They have to draft to protect the new quarterback this year and start fixing the defense next year.

It wouldn't hurt to bring in Bill Callahan and fire Jim Turner. Also sweet Lou may need to go. I don't think Zack Taylor will give up his offensive coordinator position easily but if he doesn't perform next year either he goes or he brings in somebody to call plays.

When it's all said and done it will take two to three years for the Bengals to be competitive and maybe by then Mike Brown will be retired.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Having the First Pick Doesn't Matter for the Bengals - psychdoctor - 12-23-2019, 03:53 PM