Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Evangelical Magazine Supports Impeachment and Removal
(12-23-2019, 07:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: To be honest I can understand you, Fred and the rest of the non-believers stating Christians should judge whether others are Christians or not; hell I even get why you non-believers think you can judge (even though you've bastardized it into Christian behavior). It saddens me that you do not understand the forgiveness and salvation Jesus brought, but you simply understand the laws of Moses. 

But the reference is simple: Who are you to judge if you are with sin? Jesus was without sin and still told folks he's not to judge. 

The question I spoke to was whether Christians get to, or do, judge other Christians.

You claim you've "not been taught to judge." If Benton and I think Christians are taught to judge, we must have heard "different teachings."

Indeed. So I have presented some evidence that they do from the Bible, a historical allusion to the Inquisition, and personal anecdotes. Then there is the CT editorial which contains a great deal of Christian on Christian judgment." Christians judge other Christians and non Christians all the time, and preach sermons and write books on how to do it.

It is from Christians that one learns this--not Atheists, who have no interest in determining who is "really" a Christian any more than in certifying who is a true Hindu.

But you've missed these teachings and Biblical examples Your counter is just that you are sad I don't understand Jesus forgiveness and salvation. 

(12-23-2019, 07:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But the reference is simple: Who are you to judge if you are with sin? Jesus was without sin and still told folks he's not to judge. 

I don't think there is such a thing as "sin" so I don't bother judging who is "with" it.  But I do think if a church presents itself as Christian, then someone in it must be able to say what a Christian is or is not, and to teach that in Sunday school and sermons. Perhaps some conflate definitions of Christianity with determinations of who is or who is without this "sin" thing. Could you be doing that in a discussion about Christians who condemn Trump's ugly behavior as un-Christian?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Evangelical Magazine Supports Impeachment and Removal - Dill - 12-24-2019, 12:38 AM