Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Evangelical Magazine Supports Impeachment and Removal
Trump said that he has never ask God for forgiveness for anything.

To me that means he can't be a Christian. You have to ask Jesus to forgive your sins before you can be a Christian, right?

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/trump-forgiveness-god-224068

During an appearance at the Family Leadership Summit last July, Trump said that he has never asked God for forgiveness but that he does take communion, which he described as "[w]hen I drink my little wine -- which is about the only wine I drink -- and have my little cracker, I guess that is a form of asking for forgiveness, and I do that as often as possible because I feel cleansed."

Prior to his endorsement from evangelical leader Jerry Falwell Jr. in January, Trump told CNN's Jake Tapper that he does not "like to have to ask for forgiveness. And I am good. I don't do a lot of things that are bad. I try to do nothing that is bad."

He does understand Holy Communion.

He does not understand what is required to become a Christian.

In an interview with columnist Cal Thomas, Trump was asked, "You have said you never felt the need to ask for God’s forgiveness, and yet repentance for one’s sins is a precondition to salvation. I ask you the question Jesus asked of Peter: Who do you say He is?"

"I will be asking for forgiveness, but hopefully I won’t have to be asking for much forgiveness. As you know, I am Presbyterian and Protestant.

I mean he is both Presbyterian AND Protestant.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Evangelical Magazine Supports Impeachment and Removal - fredtoast - 12-24-2019, 04:40 PM