Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Evangelical Magazine Supports Impeachment and Removal
(12-24-2019, 12:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: "He" quoted exactly what you said. Now you can use your mod powers and go back and change what you said, you can continue this "I didn't say it", or you can admit what you said and restate your position. But do not try to paint me as the one making shit up. 

You have no idea what effort anyone else puts forth in attempts to "actually follow through" being a Christian. But apparently you feel you are entitled to judge it.

I agree comparing him to Christ is revolting; as is lying. 

I have continued with this discourse because it is extremely important; especially to the non-believer that may be reading. 

But let's put an end to all your back pedaling: Is it a Christian's responsibility to judge if another professed Christian is "really" a Christian or not? 

I don't have to change anything. You're making stuff up, either deliberately or through some brain fog.

As to the question, I've answered that. I'll answer it again, and I'll try to explain it better.

Yes. A christian has a responsibility to determine what Christian behavior is.

Why? To punish or condemn? No.

To teach, to guide and to set an example.

To use an extreme example: if Hitler professes to be a Christian, leads a genocide, abuses his own people, steals from folks, lies... Is he a Christian? Do Christians have a responsibility to other Christians or potential Christians to make sure they know that's not Christ like behavior?

I disagree with your belief that to be a Christian all you have to do is call yourself one.

No back pedaling. Some of us say exactly what we mean. Some of us.

Some.

Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Evangelical Magazine Supports Impeachment and Removal - Benton - 12-24-2019, 06:42 PM