Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals Need To Scout Bowl Games HARD
(12-27-2019, 04:24 AM)pally Wrote: So you want the team to be monumentally bad two years in a row?  Because that is what it is going to take.  You take the QB when you can.  Waiting for next year often means settling when you can’t get your guy.  

Zac and team will be coaching the Senior Bowl.  That is a week of hands on with much of the draft class
The Senior Bowl is NOT enough.  The Bowl games going on into New Years and beyond showcase more players.  Myself, I think the Senior Bowl is like the Pro Bowl in that you can NOT put a team together in one week of practice.  You can have a baseball All-Star game, maybe a basketball, but a football all-star game is stupid because it takes months of practice of a playbook to put a team together.  Football is a Team sport.  The Senior Bowl, Hula Bowl and Shrine Bowl are awful ways to judge these players, and many good players no longer play in them to avoid injury.   They do not come close to the well coached teams in the Holiday Bowl Games.  The NFL Pro Bowl should have been stopped decades ago as the College All-Stars vs The NFL Champions Game was stopped and Paul Brown lead the charge in stopping that stupid game.

The Bengals will be at the Senior Bowl.  That is just Mike Brown CHEAP.  Good way to get all the draft picks wrong. 

Take Saturday, the LSU vs Oklahoma and the Clemson vs Ohio State are far more important than anything that happens Sunday in Bengals vs Browns. Bengals scouts and coaches need to go through every play of these games, if only on film. But they need to go through every play of every Bowl Game and the Championship Games that got them here. It would take hours, days, weeks of wading through game film, but it beats the hell out of asking a Cincy guy in a drugstore what he thinks. Might as well ask a Cincy Chili guy. If Bengals are too CHEAP to scout the games in person, at least spend the needed hours with coaches going over days of Bowl Game Film in hopes the different coaches see players they would love to draft. Yes do the Senior Bowl and Combines but put the hours and days looking at all the Bowl Games.

If the Bengals don't even scout the Play-Off Championship Games, they will never win a play-off game. You can't judge these players on the Combine alone because that is Track and Field and Weight Lifting, not Football. The other NFL teams do have scouts and why THEY win play-off games and WE don't.

I'm not even sure Zac Taylor throwing a new playbook at players in the Senior Bowl is the way to judge talent. Our 1 win Zac Taylor who can't even coach his NFL players up over these many months. I would not judge these few Seniors on their week with Zac Taylor and whatever playbook he throws at them. I'm not real impressed with the Zac Playbook after just 1 win. There should be a law against 1 win coaches having the chance to mess up these few Seniors in a one week Chinese Fire Drill Exhibition Game.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Need To Scout Bowl Games HARD - kevin - 12-27-2019, 08:06 AM