Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Imho, here's the scary thing.
(12-26-2019, 10:00 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I didn’t mention Bobby Kennedy because of Eric and Ivanka. But you mentioned the DOJ as being a previously fairly independent body.

Ah, I see.
I'd say to this, a DOJ should be "more or less" independent, but it is always also political and hence probably never perfectly independent. But there are boundaries, and even Sessions got them, behaved "by the book" in the Russia case and got scolded for that.

As for appointing a president's brother, that sure is far from an ideal scenario and I'd understand every protest about that. But still. I don't know anything about that Kennedy tenure, but I'd just figure that in a scenario where the president or his surroundings or his campaigns or anything touching him really was a target of an investigation, the brother would have been wise or decent enough to fully recuse himself. Having the brother there is not quite similar to what Barr does.

An analogy would be if Hillary as president had called the investigation into her emails a witch hunt led by terrible people that hate the American people. And an AG coming out and exonerating her all by himself, explaining how any of her possible misconduct can be explained by her being "understandably frustrated" and whatnot. Also how her exoneration has nothing to do with DOJ policy of not indicting presidents, though a report into her misconduct clearly stated that she's not indictable because of said DOJ policy. Then said AG would have launched an investigation into the investigators instead and travell... ah, you catch my drift, no need to fully list those things. It seems like quite the different set of circumstances to anything related to the Kennedy's.

[Also, Ivanka and Eric actually being an issue, that one would kill Donald. 'So she's actually into incest... and then chose him over me??' But that aside, she chose Jared and that's only slightly better anyways.]

(12-26-2019, 10:00 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Liberals have been calling the FBI and CIA all kinds of awful things for decades. Not just individuals. Many say just awful things about the police, and again not just individuals.  What about ICE?

Now hold on. I did never argue that law enforcement agencies should be barred from any critizism or scrutiny. I believe the contrary. But I feel it's quite different to allege some systemic racism, or police brutality, or inhumane treatment of migrants or refugees [...] taking place to acting like Trump does on these rallies. I'm not claiming all allegations made by "liberals" are true, but that it's just different.
And the CIA once told the world they have evidence of Iraq participation in 9/11 when there was none. That sure drew some harsh reaction, but a deserved one based on facts and truth. What Trump does is not based on any of these things, but on personal wrath. Also, his language contains words like traitors and scum and hating America. Has any liberal of note (not someone no one knows anyway) ever used expressions like that based on fact-free allegations against law enforcement? If so, I'd like to see some examples you believe are akin to Trump's rhetorics in a similar case.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
Imho, here's the scary thing. - hollodero - 12-23-2019, 01:53 PM
RE: Imho, here's the scary thing. - Dill - 12-23-2019, 04:29 PM
RE: Imho, here's the scary thing. - Dill - 12-23-2019, 07:16 PM
RE: Imho, here's the scary thing. - Dill - 12-27-2019, 06:31 PM
RE: Imho, here's the scary thing. - hollodero - 12-27-2019, 03:38 PM
RE: Imho, here's the scary thing. - Dill - 12-27-2019, 04:17 PM
RE: Imho, here's the scary thing. - Dill - 12-27-2019, 07:14 PM
RE: Imho, here's the scary thing. - Dill - 12-27-2019, 04:26 PM
RE: Imho, here's the scary thing. - Dill - 12-27-2019, 08:36 PM