Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Evangelical Magazine Supports Impeachment and Removal
(12-24-2019, 02:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, I am utterly unable to say how a Christian should act. I can speak to the guidelines we are given, but at the end of the day; it comes down to 2 things: Do you believe in Christ and have you confessed this publicly. There are many that also say a immersion in water is requited, but I'm not here to debate that. 

As to the article: I've not read it and most likely will not; seems silly really. But I'm not going to assert that the dude that wrote it is or is not a Christian. 

Of course you've bastardized the point debated to such an extent that it has become absurd.

My issue was simply when Benton asserted it's up to Christians to judge if others are Christians. We all have our thoughts on how one should act, but I'm not as equipped to judge as apparently you and Benton are.

I can understand it with you, because you are a confessed atheist and most likely think human judgement is a part of Christianity, but it's not. 

You were "utterly unable to say how a Christian should act," except one must confess publicly? 

Who was asking you whether the "dude that wrote it" was a Christian?

You keep saying that "human judgment" is a not a part of Christianity. Then when I provide historical examples of Christians--including St. Paul--doing exactly that, you claim to "understand" why I don't get it.  I'm an atheist. 

Christians have been judging the Christianity of other Christians for 2,000 years now. You can't refute that by saying atheists just don't get it, because plenty of Christians agree that Christians have been judging the Christianity of other Christians for 2,000 years.

So you have to be saying either

1) the historical record AND the Bible are wrong, or

2) those judging Christians were wrong. I.e., you have to judge their Christianity. Even if you let them be Christians, at the very least, they were doing it wrong--in your judgment.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Evangelical Magazine Supports Impeachment and Removal - Dill - 12-27-2019, 07:52 PM