Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Evangelical Magazine Supports Impeachment and Removal
(12-27-2019, 07:52 PM)Dill Wrote: You were "utterly unable to say how a Christian should act," except one must confess publicly? 

Who was asking you whether the "dude that wrote it" was a Christian?

You keep saying that "human judgment" is a not a part of Christianity. Then when I provide historical examples of Christians--including St. Paul--doing exactly that, you claim to "understand" why I don't get it.  I'm an atheist. 

Christians have been judging the Christianity of other Christians for 2,000 years now. You can't refute that by saying atheists just don't get it, because plenty of Christians agree that Christians have been judging the Christianity of other Christians for 2,000 years.

So you have to be saying either

1) the historical record AND the Bible are wrong, or

2) those judging Christians were wrong. I.e., you have to judge their Christianity. Even if you let them be Christians, at the very least, they were doing it wrong--in your judgment.
I will say this: Benton and I have had the back and forth. So far 6 people have chimed in on their views of the back and forth. Of those 6, 4 seem to agree with Benton's judgement POV (Dill, Fred, Dino, CJD) three of those are professed atheists, I must apologize I'm unsure of CJD's beliefs, but get this: Whatever he tells me I will believe. The other 2 that have chimed in are professed Christian and they side with the non-judgmental side of the debate. You guys can attempt to cheapen the overall point by focusing totally on Trump, but you're missing it.

Of course Christians have been judging Christians for 2,000 years, but let's not twist judgement of acts with judgement of one's personal relationship of his/her savior.

I do not believe that the universe was created in seven 24 hour days. There are Christians that will say that belief in unchristian. There are other Christians that state one must be immersed in water to be saved and sprinkling doesn't count. My believe is it really doesn't matter, Some Christians will judge that as unchristian.

But do not come in here and read the bible like a textbook and pretend to know it. It is a trick of Satan. If enough atheists can convince folks you must do this, and then this, and then this. Furthermore, you must act like this, and then this, and then this. Many undecided may turn away from the grace that is FREE.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Evangelical Magazine Supports Impeachment and Removal - bfine32 - 12-27-2019, 08:14 PM