Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Evangelical Magazine Supports Impeachment and Removal
(12-27-2019, 06:07 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: You saying Trump is sinful carries very little weight because, as you correctly pointed out "we are not without sin." As in all of us.

So saying Trump is sinful is saying Trump is just like everyone else.

What we (people who oppose Trump) are looking for is not for the right wing or its voters/sympathizers (which I believe accurately describes you) to say he is sinful. We're looking for them to condemn Trump as unfit for office because of the fact that he is sinful (far more so than the average person)

I'm ok with someone non Christian being in office. A person's religion shouldn't effect his ability to govern.

And, really, there's plenty of reasons  not to want trump in office. But in regard to Christianity, it sets a bad example for Christians and potential believers. 

And in regard to trump might be a Christian,we dont know what he does in private... No, we don't. And the nice thing about Christianity is, as pointed out, you can ask for forgiveness and it's all good. But the issue is you have to ask for repentance. Trump or anyone else doesn't have to ask people for that, but he does have to ask God. 

So why's that an issue for trump? Because he doesn't admit he did anything wrong. Steal from people, defraud a charity, insult people,threaten them? Well, it just makes him smart. Or tough. Or the victim.

You can't say cheating on your taxes makes you smart and be remorseful for cheating on your taxes at the same time.

Is trump a Christian? No. Can he be? Sure. I hope for his sake one day he is.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Evangelical Magazine Supports Impeachment and Removal - Benton - 12-27-2019, 08:28 PM