Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good chance Zac Taylor is fired if we lose next week?
(12-27-2019, 03:23 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Good Lord, the jury is still out on Taylor for one simple reason - talent.

The offensive line was looking pretty good until - Cordy got a concussion that lasted several months, Boling retired, Jonah got injured.  The offense might have had a shot if they had a healthy O-line and AJ wouldn't have missed the entire season.

I don't know what to think of Taylor yet.  I don't know too many guys that could have won with this offense.  That being said, they have played for him and haven't given up.  I said from the beginning of this year that I don't think this is the year to judge him on, next year will be the true barometer.

I'd understand if we went 5-11 with some flashes of offense somewhere. Instead, we're 1-14 with the worst offense in football. The talent isn't that bad. Mixon is a top 10 RB. We gave Tyler Boyd a 4 year, $43 million deal. We gave Uzomah a 3 year, $18 million deal. Dalton - regardless of your opinion of him - is good enough to win with. Ross and Tate have been solid at WR2.

Yet here we are. Yeah the line is bad, but that's been the story for 4 years now. This is the worst this offense has been even with a bad line. Again, if we were 5-11 with say...the 20th ranked offense, I'd be more understanding. Instead, we're 26th in yards and dead last in points. Dalton put up his worst ever passer rating. Taylor stunk this year, and provided very little reason to hope 2020 will be better, beyond Joe Burrow and Jonah Williams returning.

We'll probably see Taylor get a shot with Burrow and a slightly better line, mainly because Mike is slow to fire coaches, but I definitely would give him a VERY short leash going forward, and as a fan - I don't think Taylor is going to be the answer. If we see a massive turnaround next year, I'd have to wonder if we really were tanking in 2019.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Good chance Zac Taylor is fired if we lose next week? - Shake n Blake - 12-28-2019, 10:08 PM