Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dalton sets Expectations in final Press Conference
(12-30-2019, 11:17 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: It really is a good question. With Dalton, I think the 2 things that help his trade market are that he's only due $17.7m next year and he only has 1 year left on his deal. So even if you trade a 2nd or 3rd for him, he's not busting your cap and you're only tied to him for 1 season. If he performs well, they can talk extension/new deal, if it doesn't go as planned you only lost a draft pick. I think teams may consider that a better option than paying $25m+ a year for 4+ years. I could be completely wrong, but that's how I'm looking at it.

AD is a very experienced NFL starting QB with a decent contract (short term) and as his teammates said yesterday a great leader who works his ass off on and off the field.

I know many hate AD and want him to never play again, but he will and my guess is those haters fear he may make them look silly if he does.

Back to this thread, I believe AD tells the FO and coaching staff his wishes for 2020 today at their final meeting. That wish is to be a starting QB, preferably right here, but if not possible he will ask to be traded. Just a hunch.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dalton sets Expectations in final Press Conference - Luvnit2 - 12-30-2019, 11:23 AM