Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dalton sets Expectations in final Press Conference
(12-30-2019, 12:47 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: The QB FA market will be flooded this off-season. His perceived value may have more to do with demand than ability.

Brees
Brady
Prescott
Marriota sp?
Tannehill
Rivers
Manning
Bridgewater
Keenum
Winston
Bortles

Plus QBs probably available while still under contract
Dalton
Newton
Flacco
Rosen.

What are the "QB hungry" teams that will be willing to trade after the FA dust settles?

There are a lot of QBs that are available and there is the draft. There will be some teams that are in "win now" mode and will take a flyer. While I'll get blasted, if I'm a GM, I'd rather trade for Dalton than sign/trade for Mariota, Manning, Keenum, Winston, Bortles, Flacco, or Rosen.

If Brees doesn't retire, he'll stay in New Orleans. If he does retire, Bridgewater will stay in New Orleans. If Brady retires, they may look for a stop gap or roll with Stidham. I think Prescott stays in Dallas. According to reports, Tennessee has already reached out to Tannehill about wanting to re-sign him. Rivers could be on the move which would open up the Chargers job. I don't remember if Fitzpatrick will be a free agent or not, but if so Miami may want to keep Rosen. Also been reading that Gruden may be done with Carr in Oakland. That could be another QB hitting the market and another open position.

Just my thoughts on some of these situations. I think there will be a market for Dalton. It may not be a big market, but there will be some teams that are interested. $17.7m for a starting QB and a draft pick seems like a better option than signing a free agent for $25m+ for a few years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dalton sets Expectations in final Press Conference - muskiesfan - 12-30-2019, 11:27 AM