Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dalton sets Expectations in final Press Conference
(12-30-2019, 12:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That would be total waste of money. We have multiple QB coaches on this staff, he doesn’t need Dalton to mentor him.

If we can get a 2nd or 3rd for him you do it and you don’t think twice.

This is my thought also, and remember, when McCarron was here as the backup, they very nearly completed a trade of him for a 2nd round pick to Cleveland.  

If you look at Dalton as the backup (1st overall picks almost always start at QB), then why keep him?  Maybe there will be a unique opportunity to get a draft pick AND a player?  

The team I keep coming back to is Tampa.  Fitting they lost their last game of the season on another pick-6 by Jamies Winston.  In OT, no less.  I don't know his contract status, but you simply can't be a turnover machine and win in the NFL.  The rest of that team seems pretty capable.  

Another oddball possibility is Dallas.  I don't see them paying Dak $35 million per year.  Dalton could be lethal on that team.  They could draft a QB and have Dalton as a one year "prove it".  Dallas is the most amazing marketing franchise in sports.  They could sell Dalton and have their fans thinking they will be favorites to win the Super Bowl (again) and might not crap the bed (again).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dalton sets Expectations in final Press Conference - SHRacerX - 12-30-2019, 11:42 AM