Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dalton sets Expectations in final Press Conference
(12-30-2019, 11:59 AM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/table/passing/sort/QBRating/dir/desc

Andy Dalton was sacked the 12th most in the NFL. Let ne save you from the "bur he missed 3 games" defense. Only 5 QB in the NFl attempted more passes than Andy yet was sacked less. 

He had a fine supporting crew. He had a WR catch for over 1000 yards and a RB rush for over 1000 yards. 

Unsure what the defense has to do with Andy's performance, but sure, use it as another excuse if you must.

The team was clicking on all cylinders yesterday and he managed a passer rating in the 70s.

Folks around here love Andy and I get that. Professional NFL personnel people have no loyalty to him. If we're not willing to pay him $17 Mil as a back up and/or compete against a promising youngster what makes folks think other teams will?

Our tendency to "one read, quick throw" while Dalton is in tends to drive down the sack total...as evidenced by what happened in Finley's 3 starts. Finley was sacked once per 7.9 attempts, while Dalton was sacked once per every 14.3 attempts. It's obvious to most that our line hasn't been good, to put it kindly.

The run game averaged 84.7 yards in Dalton's 13 starts, which would rank 30th in the NFL...and that includes the drastic turnaround over his last 4 starts. I'm not sure how anyone could look at this offense and say Dalton was the only thing holding it back, and that seems to be what you're saying.

To your last question, I'm not sure anyone would trade for Andy. Mainly due to the nearly $18 million price tag. He (and other similar QB's) can be had for less than that, I'd guarantee it. Andy, at his age, has reached a point where he will be viewed as a stop-gap or a band-aid. The price for such players is fairly cheap.

So to sum it up, I don't think anyone will trade for Andy, but I'd bet he'll have suitors in free agency and will wind up getting a shot to start somewhere.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dalton sets Expectations in final Press Conference - Shake n Blake - 12-30-2019, 06:52 PM