Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dalton sets Expectations in final Press Conference
(12-30-2019, 12:48 AM)samhain Wrote: Eh, I don't think Andy has it in him to show his ass if the family doesn't let him go.  You might hear some grumbling from his agent, but he's a good soldier.  

I personally think that the team is doing him a disservice if they prevent him from going to a place where he will start.  I'm not quite positive that such a place exists, but it probably does.  If they truly appreciate his service, they shouldn't block him.

My question is whether or not the family would keep him as a starter in 2020 al-la Kitna/Palmer 03.  That redshirt year approach is less common  in the current era, but the Brown family is as old school as they come.  

As a fan, I want them to get something out of him.  I'd take a 3rd if it's offered, maybe even a 4th.  They need all the picks they can get.

Now hear this all you die-hard Bengal fans. Mr Andy Dalton is going to be here this upcoming season unless this organization is offered a big big offer they would not turn down,like a first rounder and a second next season,that would be the only way he leaves,he is under contract and starting or not he will be here in 2020.They will need him to mentor to the next new qb which is probably going to be Joe B.QBs coming out of college need time to adjust to the nfl no matter how good they were in college.And Dalton is very smart and knows how to read Defenses with the best of them,You have to realize Dalton has had like 5 OCs and that is a big adjustment.HE has had to learn like 5 different ways to run an offense.Dude is super smart and his knowledge will help the new guy.Now all bets are off if they are offered a big big deal for him.I believe he will be back for 2020.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dalton sets Expectations in final Press Conference - fortyyearfan - 12-30-2019, 07:23 PM