Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
As figured, no changes coming
(12-30-2019, 08:27 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Did anyone really expect Duke, Katie and Troy to come out the day after our season finished and say "Sorry everyone, this was our first time in charge of picking our HC and his staff. We F**ked it up and we are firing X,Y and Z. We promise to get it right the next time...... Honest"
No neither did I, it would make them look like idiots and they wouldn't want that now would they?
There may well be some changes in the staff over the next few weeks and months but don't expect anything major

First off, I think the looking like idiots has already come about. The Taylor hire was a risky move. None of his coaching choices had a history of success anywhere, save for Simmons who was a carry over. The payoff was the worst ever HC start in franchise history (a record that will likely stand for decades), tying the team's all-time worst record, bad drafting (carried over with Duke), and the top pick in the draft.

Secondly, there is point where one much step back and evaluate one's own decisions and make corrections. There's no need to explain them to anyone else, you just make the changes to what you are doing. Of course, not everyone is capable of evaluating their own decisions. We see this in life every day. Some people see the cliff off in the far distance and never get near it (these are consistent winners in life). Others see the cliff coming and make changes to avoid it. Some can't see the cliff until they are upon it and they make radical changes trying to avoid it wondering how the hell they got there. Still, others say to themselves, "I was right" all the way to the bottom. Who knows what they are thinking after they've hit it and checked out.

The question I'd be asking myself, if I were the Bengals front office is, "Do I believe this coaching staff is the right coaching staff to mold the team's next most important player so we can have a shot at some championships?"

That's the key question and frankly I'd be having doubts on this after all the talk and so little walk. There has to be doubts after this stinker of a season and the PR they put out for New Dey. When your whole PR campaign is turned into a joke on the streets, you look like an idiot.

I'd be looking at other coaches who are out there and available and what they've actually accomplished with young QBs. Truthfully, I'd have been looking weeks ago. Maybe the front office did look, but I have doubts that they have that much foresight. They've never shown it before. In fact, they've shown me they'll go over the cliff while saying, "I was right". After all, Mike Brown did this all the way through the 90's and turned his dad's proud creation into the laughing stock of professional sports. The Bengals were saved by the welfare of the better NFL teams.

You only need to look at Ryan Tannehill. Taylor was his assistant QB and QB coach and short time OC in Miami. Look what a good coaching staff has done with Tannehill in Tennessee. Granted Taylor has more experience with QBs now, but that didn't show up this season. Not at all.

That's my take on Mike Brown and family. Will the family break away from the Mike Brown way of thinking? Who knows?

Our only say in the matter is a remote one by choosing to pay them or not.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: As figured, no changes coming - PDub80 - 12-30-2019, 07:43 PM
RE: As figured, no changes coming - PDub80 - 12-30-2019, 09:49 PM
RE: As figured, no changes coming - JSR18 - 12-31-2019, 02:10 AM
RE: As figured, no changes coming - PDub80 - 12-31-2019, 03:00 AM
RE: As figured, no changes coming - Sled21 - 12-31-2019, 11:23 AM
RE: As figured, no changes coming - JSR18 - 12-31-2019, 03:44 PM
RE: As figured, no changes coming - JSR18 - 12-31-2019, 03:46 PM
RE: As figured, no changes coming - jason - 12-30-2019, 09:51 PM
RE: As figured, no changes coming - BengalChris - 12-30-2019, 09:33 PM