Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fred Johnson: The Dumpster Dives are in early.
(12-30-2019, 03:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The best case scenario is Michael Jordan becoming a solid LG and Fred Johnson becoming the starting RT and playing at least solid. With Jonah back at LT, that would leave RG as the weak spot and RG is maybe the easiest spot on the OL to upgrade?

Unfortunately, the Bengals can't (or shouldn't) put 100% confidence into Jordan or Johnson achieving that before Training Camp 2020 so they still need to draft/sign multiple OL just in case. 

Agreed that the Bengals need to draft and sign multiple O-linemen. If we draft Borrow it should be our number one priority to protect him at all costs, bad offensive lines can ruin quarterbacks. The Colts offensive line play ruined Andrew Lucks career. Signing Hopkins was a good start and hopefully Williams will be a solid LT. But like you said I'm not banking on Fred Johnson and Bobby Hart to be quality NFL starters and I'm not solid on anyone we have at guard. Our defense is terrible but I rather draft a good O-lineman at pick #33 if there's one available and he's worth the value. This is a good tackle draft and their should be some very good ones at the top of round #2. Forget drafting more receivers this team needs to be built up on the lines. Outside of Hopkins who just got signed there's no must sign Bengals free agents in my opinion. I know this is a crazy idea but the Bengals should try to sign free agent linebacker  Corey Littleton. He's young, athletic ,played with Taylor in L.A. and I don't think the Rams have enough money to resign him. If the front office dosen't want to spend on free agent linebackers maybe they should reassess how they scout linebackers, or add additional scouts since they live and die by the draft. The Bengals haven't drafted a good linebacker in forever and resigning Preston Brown blew up in their face.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fred Johnson: The Dumpster Dives are in early. - lone bengal - 12-31-2019, 12:48 AM
Fred Johnson - fredtoast - 01-08-2020, 04:36 PM
RE: Fred Johnson - masonbengals fan - 01-08-2020, 05:16 PM
RE: Fred Johnson - corpjet - 01-08-2020, 11:00 PM
RE: Fred Johnson - HarleyDog - 01-08-2020, 11:07 PM