Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dalton sets Expectations in final Press Conference
(12-30-2019, 12:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: My concern is Mike Brown and his “we’re not in the business of making other teams better” nonsense.

But he’s also not going to want to pay a backup QB 17 million. And Burrow will sell tickets, so not only do I think he’d beat Dalton out in camp, but Brown has a big incentive to start the young and exciting rookie.

So basically, I have no idea how this plays out lol

I'm sure Mike Brown is tied up in knots over this one.  Usually we keep players far past their usefulness to other teams and to ourselves as well so there's little risk over ever improving any other team.

I think after Dillon went on to taste victory in New England, Mike Brown did everything he could to ruin Palmer's career by trading him to Oakland.  I think MB will only trade Dalton to a team that has little chance of success in the near future or that has a potential QB controversy like Dolphins, Redskins, Jaguars or maybe the Broncos.   However, the QB market could potentially become quite crowded with Eli, Winston, Cam, Rivers, Trubisky and perhaps even Brady entering the mix, so we aren't getting much in return for him.  I'd be happy as a clam for a 4th round pick.

I think if Dalton is smart, he plays his last year here as a transition QB if needed or is re-signed as a backup QB like Kitna was.  I don't think he beats out some of those other guys for starting jobs next year.  Just my take on things.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dalton sets Expectations in final Press Conference - 2MinutesHate - 12-31-2019, 11:35 AM