Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mixon wants to be a Bengal for life...
(12-31-2019, 05:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: Sure, because most teams roster at least 3 HB's so spread the load and save the cash. I was using Football outsiders full season grade with adjusted averages for ranks but I'm sure I can go pull one from your week 8 offensive line rankings with a mid to late round drafted HB with as good or better YPC.

You keep saying 10 million a year but Bell got 13, he is going to want at least what Bell got. Derek Henry is about to get a pay day in Tennesse and I am sure that is what he is going to want. 

He's not going to make that kinda money.  He's not the best RB in the league and he's not going to demand to be the top paid guy unless he's just really really really dumb.  Just because Bell got extremely overpaid he had better production leading into his contract than Mixon so it's just not reasonable to think teams are going to pay that kinda price tag.  I mean we're talking about the jets here.  If he wants more than bell than you let him play out his contract and move on.  If we extend him before the year starts he has the potential to earn more money next year and secure his future all which needs to be accounted for when negotiating.  I think 10 million a year is a reasonable price all things considered and I think there is some wiggle room there in terms of slightly overpaying in the 11-12mil ballpark.  I can tell you what the 2021 FA RB class is going to be loaded with guys looking for lots of money so why wait if you value the talent.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon wants to be a Bengal for life... - Okeana - 12-31-2019, 05:53 PM