Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK, Burrow #1, WHO first pick in 2
(01-01-2020, 11:43 AM)Synric Wrote: Zach Baun and Terrell Lewis are edge defenders not off the ball linebackers. They will play in Sam Hubbard or Carl Lawson's spots. Sage Surratt is returning to school. 

I'm not the biggest fan of Prince Tego Wonogho because he's a carbon copy of Cordy Glenn. He is very heavy in the top half and has skinny legs which will hurt his run blocking. I do like Brandon Aiyuk but would rather see the Bengals get someone with size to play outside receiver that can adjust to back shoulder throws that Burrow loves to throw.

I am a big fan of Troy Dye because I think he fits what the Bengals need at OLB next to Germaine Pratt. With his experience and if he tests the way I think he will he could climb into the second round.
OK, going through 3 lists and then yours. 

Still Burrow the QB at #1. 

Now we have the #1 Pick LT Williams that was injured all season who is suppose to play in 2020.  Wonogho at Right Tackle could give Bengals 2 good young Bookend Tackles on O Line.  Or somebody other than Wonogho.  They will be young, but even Munoz had to be young once.  2 good young Bookend Tackles Left and Right might just be the Tackles for 2020's.   We should get a 1st Round Tackle at start of 2, and THAT helps the O Line greatly. 

I'll go with your DYE at LB at top of 3.  We need a LB that can play off the line.   We get a 2nd Round talent at First Pick in 3. 

That brings us to a 2nd or 3rd round WR falling to us first pick in 4.  Whoever.  Someone to help Boyd and Ross so more single cover, less double cover.   The main thing is talent to go deep but also run precision patterns and good hands and speed.  Burrow will have to throw more than back shoulder passes in NFL, but Burrow is a scoring machine at LSU, and Bengals could use the touchdowns since they never score any. 

Burrow at QB, a good blocking tackle to bookend Williams and protect Burrow and run block for Mixon,  A LB like Dye that you say can play off the line in a 4-3, unlike Harrison who had trouble with Bengals use to on line with Steelers in 3-4.    And a top talent WR falling to us at top of 4.   Those are like 4 picks in first 3 rounds.   I like it.  I like the idea of BLOCKERS who can help Burrow and Mixon score A LOT of points.  We also get a Round 2 type LB at top of 3 which we have needed to draft for years now.  With Mauluga and Burfict gone, it's a good year to grab one. 

If Green and Dalton on other teams in March Free Agency, it free's up a ton of cap space money. This Burrow is a scoring machine. I look for Green and Dalton to both do well on other teams, but no reason for Bengals to fold up the tents. The potential of Burrow and Mixon and Boyd and Ross with IMPROVED BLOCKING sounds EXCITING. Plus a top LB and a top WR added. Plus our 5 is like a 4. 6 is like a 5. 7 is like a 6. Thanks to picking 1st. Maybe we get some Free Agent help also. This Rebuild or Reload could set Bengals up. Burrow could be a Superstar. Burrow and Mixon in same backfield could be pretty good. Boomer thinks so and I think even Carson. As for the other QBs, if it's Touchdowns you want, you draft Burrow. Plus from Ohio, so he can play in the Cold Weather Slop of AFC North, but also the Fast Track Football of LSU. Not many can do both like Burrow. Good, Solid Pick.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
OK, Burrow #1, WHO first pick in 2 - kevin - 12-30-2019, 01:32 PM
RE: OK, Burrow #1, WHO first pick in 2 - kevin - 01-01-2020, 01:06 PM