Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK, Burrow #1, WHO first pick in 2
(01-01-2020, 02:55 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Do you guys even watch football?
It’s obvious that at pick 33 we need to take a blocking TE!

At Pick 33 at top of 2nd Round.  NO WAY.  TE is a pick for a team already good, not a 2-14 team.  After we get the Superstar QB,  we need a Bell Cow Blocking Tackle to Bookend with hopefully a healthy Williams to Protect the Superstar QB and also make it so Mixon can get yards on good defenses.  WE NEED BLOCKING, and I ain't talking TE.    The WORST O LINE needs a huge upgrade.  Good Young Bookend Tackles would help.  We have one. Go get the other one....and Bengals are worst Defense in NFL against the run.  Get that much needed LB at top of 3. 

The WORST O Line in NFL and the WORST DEFENSE against the run.  It's like they have 2 First Round Picks and then a 2nd Round to start 3.   No reason Bengals can't get the Superstar QB, a Dominate Blocking Tackle, and a Top Talent LB....unless they take a TE which they just don't have that luxury.  A Superstar QB with Mixon,  2 Young Bell Cow Bookend Blocking Tackles, Add a top LB , and the Bengals start becoming an exciting team for the 2020's.  

Maybe in a future draft we can go early on a TE, not this one,  This team was 2-14 and has HUGE, HUGE weaknesses besides TE.  The GOOD NEWS is they have the Top Picks to get QB, O Line Blocking, LB Tackling, and a WR top of 4 like a 3 to help Boyd & Ross get open for QB Superstar.   This is not a year to draft a Gresham or Eifert early, maybe some other year.   I'm HOPEFUL now, but that goes out the window if they don't get QB, OT, LB, WR in first 100 picks of draft.   Yes I do watch football, and Bengals don't score points.  We need an OT to Block for QB and Mixon and THAT will put TOUCHDOWNS on the board.  

Also factor in Dalton and Green are going free agent. You don't replace them by drafting a TE. You get a QB, a WR and in between you get that much needed OT for the QB & Mixon, and that much needed LB . It's time for Bungles to become Bengals and rejoin the NFL. They have the picks to do it. My word, you can get a blocking TE in round 7. We already have TE's. What we don't have is O Line Blocking and LB Tackling. PROTECT THE SUPERSTAR, just as in The Longest Yard. We could have bookend monster OT's. The Bengals 2 Super Bowls were Munoz & Company O Line. We don't have that, but we could.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
OK, Burrow #1, WHO first pick in 2 - kevin - 12-30-2019, 01:32 PM
RE: OK, Burrow #1, WHO first pick in 2 - kevin - 01-01-2020, 03:30 PM