Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mixon wants to be a Bengal for life...
(01-01-2020, 04:28 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: This seems like a Straw man, but I'll bite.

I don't want to pay AJ 18 million. I don't think he's going to be the old AJ. I also don't want to pay Joe Mixon a ton. Sure, I'll go for something reasonable, but the value returned on RB extensions seems to be very small. Look at every playoff team this year. None are paying running backs big money. They've invested it in defenses and lines. 

There was a great thread about this on Twitter yesterday. I highly recommend checking it out 

https://twitter.com/mten_stats/status/1203823705643765760?s=19

cool post.  Sometimes I feel that people are trying to use scientific data to prove a point, but there are so many data points that go into evaluating true player value.  Not to mention you also have to take into account each team's specific standing in the free-agent market.  Are we going to get players of equal of higher value at other positions that want to play for our team for the money we are offering?  If not then you must spend money on players who you draft and develop.  

I think we all agree that Mixon is worth the extension at the right price.  I may do a full workup of Cap space going into FA/Draft for this year and moves we can make to free up even more space and gain value.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon wants to be a Bengal for life... - Okeana - 01-01-2020, 05:08 PM