Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Prediction: AJ Green Will be Back
(01-01-2020, 07:36 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Another well thought out thread Wes.

I also think AJ will be back. I see the price a little lower, I see 3 years around 40 million.

Yes, we have a lot of holes and one of them was no true #1 WR in 2019 since AJ did not play one game. The question we don't know is what was the record of team where AJ played in all 16 games. WE were not only missing Green, but Ross ad Tate also missed a lot of time.

The ideal situation for Joe Burrow is to surround him with great weapons in year #1 and a healthy Green is a huge weapon. There is always risk, but AJ is a great guy so I hope we get it done and he shows us in 2020 what we missed in 2019.

I could probably live with 3 years 40 mil.  It's a matter of if AJ could.  I'm sure he and his agent have some rough idea what he could make on the open market.  I have no idea what that is, but I'd be a bit surprised if it were more than 13 and change annually.  

A lot of it probably comes down to whether he wants to retire a Bengal or see what it would be like to play in another city.  Maybe he wants to go to a ready-made roster and chase a title.  The Bengals are nowhere close to that, so if that's the case it's going to take an overpay to keep him here be it franchise tag or long-term agreement.  I fear that the team may be perfectly okay with overpaying him. They shouldn't be.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prediction: AJ Green Will be Back - samhain - 01-01-2020, 08:33 PM