Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Prediction: AJ Green Will be Back
(01-02-2020, 01:18 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You tell me, what do you think his market is? (I've already laid it out pretty clearly for here )

My answer for his market elsewhere is that it depends on the team, and it depends on his motivations.

Option A - He goes to a contender on a 1 year deal for two reasons: 1.) To try to win a ring. 2.) To showcase his ability and improve his market for FA in 2021.  This may look like: 1yr 14 mil, or 1 year 8-10 mil + incentives.

Option B  - He signs something like a 3yr/40 mil deal with the highest bidder.

And what I see is most likely what I stated earlier... he stays here on a 4 yr 50-60 mil deal.

Again, what do you think he'll get? Give me a number, or a range of scenarios.

We'll see...

I agree with most of this.  It probably comes down to whether he wants to maximize his likely last contract or go someplace and try to win something for a little less money/fewer years.  

If he's after money, the Bengals are probably his best bet.  They have to be the most likely team to pay him based on what he's done in the past. To other teams, he's a wild card piece that they can hopefully hit the lottery on if they are already close to being a contender.   I doubt he'd leave here and take big money from another team as comparably shitty as the Bengals.  

The other factor is whether he's being honest or just diplomatic about wanting to finish his career here.  If he low key wants out of here, then maybe he'd take less to move on.  I wouldn't blame him at this point.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prediction: AJ Green Will be Back - samhain - 01-02-2020, 02:27 PM