Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internal Free Agency / Extensions
(01-02-2020, 03:19 PM)Okeana Wrote: I kinda responded to this in the post above, but I just want to add a few things on the Green aspect.  I based my price on what I would pay considering the risk and age.  I think if you're signing him its for two years because it gives both the organization and Green a chance to capitalize off of what I consider to be a better quarterback in Joe Burrow.  You can also add to the top end with a bonus structure based on playtime that could put him into that elite level of pay, but what you simply cannot do is front-load the contract with huge guarantees on base salary and then eat that cap when he goes on IR for another year.

I guess I took the proposal as a realistic approach, not what you want to happen. Your views on what you want to pay him don't align with the market or for that matter what is best for Green. The guy isn't taking a $4 Million dollar a year pay cut, again not when he thinks he has four elite years left. I see your TY Hilton example, but I'll counter with Sammy Watkins makes a million more than he currently does and isn't close to his production even being injured as much as he is. There are teams in this league with money and need that will pay AJ $15+ a year, I wouldn't do it but they are out there and he and his agent know it. The perfect place for him is a GB or NO where they are in win now mode and don't want to wait for a rookie receiver to get up to speed, maybe NE if Brady stays.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Internal Free Agency / Extensions - Okeana - 01-01-2020, 08:40 PM
RE: Internal Free Agency / Extensions - Au165 - 01-02-2020, 03:30 PM