Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mixon wants to be a Bengal for life...
(01-02-2020, 04:18 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: They had both under contract in 2018. What's the point you are trying to make? Mine is the Saints opted to pay one million a year instead of five million a year and spent the five million on other more important positions.  The run game is a direct reflection of the total offense. Mixon with a good offense could run for 1500 yds. He could also fall off a cliff and never break 1000yds again.The only problem is we don't have a good offense. There are positions that will help the total offense more than overpaying for a RB.

I'm not sure why you guys all keep saying overpay, who cares it's not your money, and MB is known for being prudish anyways.

At the same time, we have so many other players that we could cut/trade first to make money room if needed.

Now, you mention guys that are the top paid at their HB. but just how many of those guys have had an elite qb on their teams at the same time as having an elite RB?

So with Burrow on a Rookie deal, there is no need to not give Burrow a good hb to lean on til he grows into his own or not. Besides if we don't keep Mixon, then it's catch-22 from the we draft and keep our own group. And by not keeping him, we have another hole to fill, It's a never ending circle with some of you.

I would try to keep Green as well, no reason why we can't continue to give him $15/year with incentives that if he plays and reaches certain milestones then his pay could go up to $17, this would help protect both, AJ and us.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon wants to be a Bengal for life... - Mike M (the other one) - 01-02-2020, 07:38 PM