Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Imagine Carson Palmer Calling Joe Burrow?
(01-03-2020, 02:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If he wanted out then he should never have signed the contract extension.

It is ridiculous for him to claim that he played here three years and knew nothing about the front office.

Well, you may be spot on. None of us really know "all" the details. However this article and comment may offer some more perspective if you havent seen it yet. Here is a quote from Carson about signing his 2005 mega deal...and some more about his convo with Brown at the end of his time here.

Palmer details signing his mega-contract in 2005 under the impression the team would keep close friend Jon Kitna as his backup.

“They didn’t re-sign him and just disrespected him on his way out the door,” Palmer said to NFL Films. The quarterback goes on about feeling the need for a general manager and to “modernize.”

Then he recollects his confrontation with Mike Brown following the 2010 season.

“Maybe a day or two after the season I called Mr. Brown and said, ‘Hey, can we talk? You have to be aggressive in pursuit of winning,’ ” Palmer said. “I told him how I was feeling. I wasn’t getting the answers I wanted. We get into it again and it’s getting heated. I’m frustrated, I’ve been thinking about all this for a couple years but it’s coming to a boiling point for me and I’m sure the same for him.”

Palmer’s one line about Brown offers the crux of the standoff that left a black eye on his Bengals tenure.

“He’s a very, very, very stubborn man,” Palmer said. “I might be more stubborn than him.” 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/09/16/bx-carson-palmer-finally-tells-his-side-story-cincinnati-bengals-football-life/1327204002/
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Imagine Carson Palmer Calling Joe Burrow? - bengaloo - 01-03-2020, 02:09 PM