Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The last time we traded back in the 1st...
(01-03-2020, 02:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Good thing most sensible people already were set on Burrow before the playoffs. I was referring to the OH St homers that were still clinging to their hopes of taking Chase Young. And people like you who basically think QB is one of the least important aspects of building a good team lol

Of all the teams IN the playoffs, all seem to have above average to elite QB's, and sure; some have great defenses as well. Of teams NOT in the playoffs, Aaron Donald and Khalil Mack along with Von Miller are watching the games from the sidelines like us. Chase Young may be the consensus best defensive player, but he missed a season being suspended? He may turn out to be topnotch defender in the mold of say a Lawrence Taylor, but then again he may be the defensive version of Antonio Brown, just a nut. Either way, I'd pass on him. IMO, quarterback is THE most important position on any team, and where you have to start building around. I haven't kept up due to health reasons, but don't we have a 1st round tackle coming off injury next year? A topnotch QB along with a tackle would sure be a good start, and our 2nd rounder is nearly a late first rounder, 3rd nearly a 2nd, and so on. Burrow is a no-brainer to me, and I think he will still be after the Clemson game. Oh, and someone mentioned Greg Cook as one of those draft "mistakes". Being one of the few on here old enough to remember, he was anything but. An injury ran the train off the track when a torn rotator cuff which they gave him cortisone shots for, and he played in pain until he could no longer play, the injury went undiagnosed and it destroyed his career. Back then, there wasn't a lot they could do anyway. After he passed away in 2012, Mike Brown called him "the single most talented player ever to play for the Bengals." Bill Walsh called him "a great, great talent and a terrible shame." He went on to say he would have actually changed the West Coast offense and that he would have set records that would have never been broken. Sadly, he passed away in 2012. Enough about the past let's hope Burrow is all we hope for, and we draft well. Probably never happen, but a few free agent moves probably wouldn't hurt anything either; but I won't hold my breath.[url=https://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/1/27/2752262/cincinnati-bengals-university-cincinnati-bearcats-greg-cook-died][/url]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The last time we traded back in the 1st... - Bengalsrob - 01-03-2020, 10:20 PM