Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's insanity! The war on Christianity......
(10-12-2015, 01:29 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Technically speaking, yes.  That doesn't bother me for some reason - maybe it's the way the Catholic Church dresses these bodies up to immortalize them that's unsettling.  Probably wouldn't be the desired image, or acceptable, if it was just a pile of bones in a box.

It also seems kind of a hypocritical loophole as far as not disturbing someone's remains (rest-in-peace and all that).  Seems disrespectful.

I mean, how would you feel about yourself or your family being paraded around in a glass box for people to gawk at?

Yeah, I have never been a fan of those sorts of things. Like, unknown burials that are discovered are one thing, but known tombs? Why the fascination with needing to remove them? The whole thing with the Church is borderline idolatry to me. But being raised Anabaptist, just about everything Catholics do seems like idolatry to me. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's insanity! The war on Christianity...... - Belsnickel - 10-12-2015, 07:43 AM