Poll: Jason Garrett or Zac Taylor
Jason Garrett
Zac Taylor
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jason Garrett or Zac Taylor?
(01-07-2020, 03:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Accuse me of being a Marvin and Garrett fanboy if you must, but why should I be more excited about pairing an awesome prospect like Joe Burrow with a HC who set records for losing in his first year more so than hypothetically pairing him with Marvin, who had a winning record here and did some good things with two QBs we were happy to see leave, or an offensive-minded HC like Garrett who has 9 years of experience and a winning record in the NFL?

Personally, I'm more concerned with tethering Joe Burrow to a HC who looks to be in way over his head and who can't attract coaching talent more than I'd be worried to pair him with mediocre guys who win more than they lose and have some sort of history of bringing competent assistants with them.

I'm not going to argue that Zac is the next Wyche. In fact, I think he projects rather dubiously. But your post is not unlike my Wife's cooking - creative, yet lacking in real substance and flavor.

He didn't set records for losing. Teams have gone 1-15 on multiple occasions and 0-16 has been done. If you're talking strictly in terms of Bengals records, okay, but that's a bit less of an indictment. And it's frankly disingenuous to compare Taylor after one year of this mess to either Garrett, who had a lot of talent year in and year out yet did nothing of significance and Lewis, who also had a lot of talent most seasons. And also had some real stinkers here. 

One season with all the mitigating circumstances Taylor had is just too small of a sample size. I'm not encouraged by a lot of what he did, but I'm also willing to give him a fair chance, which is something both Jason and Marvin have had, with average to subpar results. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jason Garrett or Zac Taylor? - Okeana - 01-07-2020, 12:52 PM
RE: Jason Garrett or Zac Taylor? - Yojimbo - 01-07-2020, 01:56 PM
RE: Jason Garrett or Zac Taylor? - JWW1971 - 01-07-2020, 02:06 PM
RE: Jason Garrett or Zac Taylor? - RunKijanaRun - 01-07-2020, 03:53 PM
RE: Jason Garrett or Zac Taylor? - Luvnit2 - 01-07-2020, 06:45 PM
RE: Jason Garrett or Zac Taylor? - Nati#1 - 01-07-2020, 08:52 PM