Poll: Jason Garrett or Zac Taylor
Jason Garrett
Zac Taylor
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jason Garrett or Zac Taylor?
(01-07-2020, 03:53 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I'm not going to argue that Zac is the next Wyche. In fact, I think he projects rather dubiously. But your post is not unlike my Wife's cooking - creative, yet lacking in real substance and flavor.

He didn't set records for losing. Teams have gone 1-15 on multiple occasions and 0-16 has been done. If you're talking strictly in terms of Bengals records, okay, but that's a bit less of an indictment. And it's frankly disingenuous to compare Taylor after one year of this mess to either Garrett, who had a lot of talent year in and year out yet did nothing of significance and Lewis, who also had a lot of talent most seasons. And also had some real stinkers here. 

One season with all the mitigating circumstances Taylor had is just too small of a sample size. I'm not encouraged by a lot of what he did, but I'm also willing to give him a fair chance, which is something both Jason and Marvin have had, with average to subpar results. 

That's fine, but there are things that go beyond the stench of 2-14 and starting 0-11 to make ZT doubters safe to doubt.  Yes, he's only been here 1 year and I'm not saying he won't improve, but I'm pointing out how worried we are about replacing him with head coaches with winning records over the span of 9+ years.  

What it comes down to is all hypotheticals aside, ZT is going to be our HC next year so most people who voted here are going to get exactly what they want.  It's sort of like when we had similar polls about if we would have wanted to get Peyton Manning after the Colts let him go or Jim Harbaugh after he left the 49ers...were those insane things to pass up?  No, but it's hard to say if we really have that much faith in who we have or if it's just sour grapes since we know we aren't getting option 2 in these cases.

Geez, for all we love the unproven guys we already have and the fear that known players will prevent their explosion you'd think people around here would stop complaining that we don't get any big free agents.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jason Garrett or Zac Taylor? - Okeana - 01-07-2020, 12:52 PM
RE: Jason Garrett or Zac Taylor? - Yojimbo - 01-07-2020, 01:56 PM
RE: Jason Garrett or Zac Taylor? - JWW1971 - 01-07-2020, 02:06 PM
RE: Jason Garrett or Zac Taylor? - Nately120 - 01-07-2020, 04:03 PM
RE: Jason Garrett or Zac Taylor? - Luvnit2 - 01-07-2020, 06:45 PM
RE: Jason Garrett or Zac Taylor? - Nati#1 - 01-07-2020, 08:52 PM