Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 January Draft Challenge
(01-08-2020, 09:54 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: I wouldn’t take a linebacker at 33 (see mock above) I’d take the best available offensive lineman to protect the future franchise qb we just drafted lol.  With how deep the wr class is this year which has been said to be the deepest in the last 20 years it’s completely unnecessary to grab one in round 2 and most importantly before u address probably our biggest and most important need, offensive lineman.  Don’t forget we have the worst offensive line in the league and we just drafted our new prize qb gotta invest in protecting him.

Also I like our wide receivers but I do agree the position needs to be addressed in the draft but hell u can get round 2 talent on day 3 with how stockpiled this draft is at the position.  Guys like Pittman JR hodgins Collins etc.

Etienne is being compared to gio Bernard and I’m sorry I wouldn’t take gio in the second nor the third if I had to do it all over again.  If this guy was Barkley or mccaffrey he would go top 10.  But he isn’t.  He’s a fast change of pace back and with Bernard being resigned last year he’s not going anywhere.  I’d take Jacob Phillips a three down linebacker over etienne in a heart beat along with jordyn brooks Troy dye (all three down linebackers with mid grade projections) to address this horrible defense.  Yes it took Pratt a while to come along but I also think it took our coaching staff too long to realize we need to get Preston brown the hell out of there and get Pratt reps.  As soon as that happened Pratt improves week to week.  There were many issues on why we went 2-14.  And I promise u getting gashed on the ground by damn near every team had a lot to do with it.  Linebacker must be addressed.  Vigil is a back up at best and on this team he is our best linebacker right now which makes my stomach curl.  That’s pathetic if you wanna be competitive.

The only OL that was a good value at 33 was Biadsz, but he is not good at pulling and therefore not a scheme fit since we've gone to a pin and pull run scheme.  I'm not taking an OL that isn't an ideal scheme fit at 33.

Our WR's suck.  Boyd is a #2 trying to be a #1.  Ross has talent but can't stay healthy and has mental lapses.  Tate isn't a top 3 WR on a good team and also can't stay healthy.  AJ could be gone and can't be counted on if he returns.  

I routinely see Phillips, Dye, and Brooks being rated as day 3 prospects.  Dye has started to climb recently, but he needs a year in an NFL weight room desperately.  Brooks is 6'1" and there are not many successful 6'1" LB's in the NFL. Phillips should be decent, but nothing special.

Who is comparing Etienne to Gio?  Gio's frame was basically maxed out when he entered the league and he isn't close to the home run threat Etienne is.  Etienne still has room to fill out and is expected to run in the 4.2-4.3 range.  Gio ran 4.53.  They aren't even close.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
2020 January Draft Challenge - psychdoctor - 01-06-2020, 02:49 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - Whatever - 01-08-2020, 11:41 AM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - Synric - 01-11-2020, 06:21 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - Synric - 01-10-2020, 04:23 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - Au165 - 01-08-2020, 12:00 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - bfine32 - 01-10-2020, 05:42 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - Okeana - 01-16-2020, 02:55 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - Okeana - 01-17-2020, 11:00 AM