Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fred Johnson: The Dumpster Dives are in early.

I like having Fred Johnson on the Team to provide O-line depth and new, young blood to the line.

What I don't want to see is the Bengals deciding that Fred Johnson will be the answer and pencil either Fred or Hart in as the 2020 starter at right tackle without bringing in someone that could likely beat both of them out.

Fred Johnson has made one NFL start and that was against Cleveland without Myles Garrett.

We have no idea how durable Fred Johnson will be over a 16 game season.

No idea how he will do against the range of defensive end Stars that are in the NFL that he would have to face over a 16 game season.

I like having Fred on the Roster and the promise he has shown in a very small sample size but the Bengals should not stop there.

I would bring in either a Free Agent Tackle or top 3 round Draft pick Tackle that I thought could be even better than Fred Jackson for competition and depth.

My guess is that the Bengals now feel that they have their 2020 Tackles (LT, RT & Swing) in Jonah, Hart and Fred. Dave Lapham seemed to imply that already in a Radio interview that I heard.

Hart and a guy with one NFL start under his belt to me would equal the need to bring in Stiff Tackle Competition via Draft or Free Agency.

The Bengals, on the other hand, may see the addition of Fred as "problem solved" which is my fear.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fred Johnson: The Dumpster Dives are in early. - depthchart - 01-09-2020, 12:44 PM
Fred Johnson - fredtoast - 01-08-2020, 04:36 PM
RE: Fred Johnson - masonbengals fan - 01-08-2020, 05:16 PM
RE: Fred Johnson - corpjet - 01-08-2020, 11:00 PM
RE: Fred Johnson - HarleyDog - 01-08-2020, 11:07 PM