Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palmer's thoughts on Bengals pick, playing #1 overall QB's
(01-10-2020, 05:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Everyone knows I like Dalton, but Carson was better.

Dalton finished in the top 10 in passer rating just one season ('15).  Palmer did it 4 times.

Dalton finished in the top 10 in passing yards just one season ('13).  Palmer did it 8 times (4 times in top 5)

Dalton finished in the top ten in tds 3 times but never higher than 3rd.  Palmer did it 6 times (led league in '05, 3 times in top 2)

Despite playing several years in seasons when the league average passer rating was lower than in Dalton's era, Palmer still has a higher career passer rating than Dalton.

A lot of people don't like Palmer for the way he left the Bengals, but he was a damn good QB.  Better than Dalton.

he was very generous with them Pick 6's too towards the end....  9 is just 6 going the wrong way...

Palmer overall had the arm talent over dalton and usually a better core of WRs to work with(i feel like we had a better run game back then too)...   Daltons had AJ

Palmer had Chad and TJ and Henry for a bit... They brought in Coles for him ,Bryant* and TO.     

I give dalton the edge in grit though. (had so many OC changes (5 ) while here...  Palmer played in the same offense all his years here)

Overall i like both these guys its hard to compare guys directly that when they had different crews/coordinators
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Palmer's thoughts on Bengals pick, playing #1 overall QB's - XenoMorph - 01-10-2020, 06:46 PM