Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 January Draft Challenge
(01-10-2020, 03:51 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: K ross if he stay healthy can be a stud but he can’t stay healthy up to this point so as of now he’s a bust and not worth the pick.  i never liked gio in college and although he’s tough as nails he’s never been worth the second round draft selection.  He’s a complementary back and even when we drafted him we still needed a running back.  Hated that pick.  He’s been ok but not worth a second round pick imo.  I also think u can find starting linebacker talent in the 3rd and 4th round I just think the bengals are horrible at evaluating talent.  Higgins is a beast but I’m taking a beast of an offensive tackle this year over a beast wr in the second round.  Also most importantly higgins ain’t making it out the first round.  Etienne is a great player but this is not a year to get caught up in only going bpa only for each pick especially for a position that is nowhere a need. I mean we just overpaid on an extension for gio the guy u like so much.  We need MUST address the glaring needs on this team before anything and it’s time we go back to investing in the trenches especially when we are also bring in our new franchise QBs. It’s all about ur front 7 on defense and your offensive line.  And that’s where we are hurting.  We need to bring back Aj green.  Scoring points wasn’t why we lost 14 games it’s cuz we couldn’t stop the run and our offensive line couldn’t protect the QB.  That needs to be addressed first and foremost.  This team won’t do it FA so we need to do it ASAP in the draft.  Without higgins it’s not like Burrow won’t have toys to play with.  U bring Eifert and Aj back with a healthy John Ross and one of the best number 2 wideouts in Boyd along with arguably the best back in the league with all of sudden a stout offensive line and we are on to something.  Then go get hodgins in the 4th and we are looking damn good.  That’s my opinion.  We will see how it plays out.

If Gio is a complementary RB, then he can't handle the load if Mixon goes down or has a contract holdout that goes into the regular season, which is typical with top RB:s.  Ergo, a good RB is a need.  A good run game is a young QB's best friend and it's not like Etienne isn't insanely good value in 3.

I've already pointed out how you're not likely to get the immediate return you think you will with a 2nd round T.  I'll also point out that Fred Johnson graded out better as a T last year than Andre Dillard, Tytus Howard, and Cody Ford.  We likely already have our RT of the future.

Devin White had a 52 PFF grade and Devin Bush had a 62 grade. That's what happens when you chase LB's based on need in a bad class.

Sounds great. Let's re-up a bunch of declining injury prone players who the window has already closed on and pray to God they can actually stay healthy for once.  Great plan. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
2020 January Draft Challenge - psychdoctor - 01-06-2020, 02:49 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - Whatever - 01-10-2020, 06:49 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - Synric - 01-11-2020, 06:21 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - Synric - 01-10-2020, 04:23 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - Au165 - 01-08-2020, 12:00 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - bfine32 - 01-10-2020, 05:42 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - Okeana - 01-16-2020, 02:55 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - Okeana - 01-17-2020, 11:00 AM