Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need to reestablish the run game next week
(10-12-2015, 02:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Seattle has the best defense in the league in terms of YPC (tied with three other teams), and Buffalo's good, too, but I think we need to let Hill get into a rhythm running the ball.

He had a few nice runs to start the game yesterday, but then it seemed like we went completely away from him.

We're not going to be able to win every game through the air, especially in the cold, so we need to start giving Hill row ball 20 to 25 times a game again with Dalton under center because even the good defenses can't stop him, even when they sell-out to stop the run, which he proved last year.

he was ineffective yesterday  8 rushes for 13 yards, no run i believe over 5 yards... compared to Gio 15 for 80.  if you are only getting 1 or 2 yards a carry, you are going to must likely have to pass during that series also.. .. especially in 1st half.. in our first series he had 2 rushes for zero yards.. 2nd series, he did have a 5 yard gain but that was after we had the holding call on AJ's touchdown so that setup a 2 and 15 and we attempted to pass next two downs.  3rd series.. Gio was in and i believe 4th series also. 5th series.. Hill rushed 1 time for zero yards.

After the terrible 3rd quarter... we went all shotgun to comeback and used Gio effective out of the backfield.

Bottom line is he is averaging about 12 carries a game for a weak 3.0 yard average.. that is just too low to afford getting more and more carries when you have such a low average.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We need to reestablish the run game next week - Anderson HOF - 10-12-2015, 05:38 PM