Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bengals have no plans on trading the #1 pick
(01-19-2020, 09:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: People put too much thought into it. 

Was Carson the answer? Was Dalton? Was any draft in the last 16 years that didn't include a QB?

He's the best chance, on paper, to improve the Bengals the most. If he fails, it's not like that hasn't happened for decades around here and there's no guarantee that trading the pick to get more picks would be better. 

It's a no-brainer and it's just as likely or not as trading the #1OA for Miami's 3 1st round picks. None of those guys have played in the NFL yet either. 

It's quite possible I'm putting too much thought into it.  I actually want Burrow, but if some insane offer came along....maybe I wouldn't be upset if they took it.  And Burrow's very outstanding play in the National Championship sets the stage for some crazy offers.  

As far as Dalton and Carson, Dalton had more AFC North wins and more playoff appearances as a Bengal than Carson because Carson quit.  If Carson had stayed and waited for AJ and the great defense we had for a while, Carson might have helped us win it all.  Later in Arizona, he had a chance to go to the Super Bowl, but blew it by throwing six interceptions.  Lets see him blame that on the Bengals.  Carson was weak mentally, and still is.  He's still blaming Mike Brown for everything.   Dalton has great character, but not the great arm or the great personality.  Burrow may have it all.  He may not.  We'll see.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals have no plans on trading the #1 pick - BonnieBengal - 01-20-2020, 10:09 AM