Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bengals have no plans on trading the #1 pick
(01-20-2020, 10:09 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: It's quite possible I'm putting too much thought into it.  I actually want Burrow, but if some insane offer came along....maybe I wouldn't be upset if they took it.  And Burrow's very outstanding play in the National Championship sets the stage for some crazy offers.  

As far as Dalton and Carson, Dalton had more AFC North wins and more playoff appearances as a Bengal than Carson because Carson quit.  If Carson had stayed and waited for AJ and the great defense we had for a while, Carson might have helped us win it all.  Later in Arizona, he had a chance to go to the Super Bowl, but blew it by throwing six interceptions.  Lets see him blame that on the Bengals.  Carson was weak mentally, and still is.  He's still blaming Mike Brown for everything.   Dalton has great character, but not the great arm or the great personality.  Burrow may have it all.  He may not.  We'll see.  

Good stuff. I posted several times, years ago, that Carson wasn't mentally tough enough to excel in the playoffs but i've come around to not giving him too much grief for "quitting". Mike Brown is an ass of an owner and several guys before him "quit" in their own way. I don't have a problem, now, with what any of them did, due to MB being such a crappy owner. I can't really say that i wouldn't do the same thing after a few years. 

Dalton didn't do it. That's just the kind of guy he is. A lot of others didn't do it, but i understand better now why the others did do it. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals have no plans on trading the #1 pick - rfaulk34 - 01-20-2020, 12:31 PM