Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bengals have no plans on trading the #1 pick
(01-20-2020, 02:22 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: IF we had a competent GM who had the freedom to sign any FA's and draft as he wants, would I consider that.

JB isn't gonna magically "fix" this team. We have more holes than can be addressed in 2 drafts. So we have to break down and sign some marquee players in order to give JB and ZT a fair shot.

This was a big reason why the Akili trade is such a black eye on this franchise (aside from Akili sucking). The team needed way more help than just a QB and their lack of activity in FA means they needed as many picks as possible in the drafts. It really ruined Coslet's career and If I recall, Coslet also wanted to make that trade.

I was so devastated that they passed on that trade.  I LOVED Champ Bailey that year and was just waiting for him in stripes.

That being said, the Redskins drafted some damn good players with the picks that they got in that deal and guess what it got them?  Pretty much nothing.  Yes, they built a better team, but the reality is that you have to have top level QB play to go anywhere in the NFL.  Not to say you can't do it without, but you'll need a defense with multiple hall of fame caliber players to do it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals have no plans on trading the #1 pick - Hammerstripes - 01-20-2020, 03:16 PM