Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bengals have no plans on trading the #1 pick
(01-20-2020, 05:41 PM)BengalsFan1986 Wrote: I think making comparisons to other past QBs, whether they were busts or lived up to expectations, are hard to make for this current situation. There have been QBs in the past that have had great seasons and shot up draft boards only to disappoint, but none of them had as good of a season as Burrow just had. Has a QB who just set records for most TD passes in a season, most TDs responsible for in a season, placed 3rd all-time in passing yards in a season, placed 2nd all time in completion percentage, won the Hesiman, and led his team to a National Championship ever been passed on with the first pick? Has a QB who checked off 3 of those ever been passed on with the first pick? Has a player who checked off 3 or more of those ever been traded for?

I feel like getting the chance to draft a player who had as dominant a season as Joe Burrow has just had is a little unprecedented. With that in mind any trade offers should be pretty unprecedented as well. If they aren’t then I think we absolutely have to draft Joe Burrow.

Even the fact that teams are even entertaining trade scenarios with us says a lot about how much teams are interested.

Draft the man and protect him with a good O-line and give him weapons and we will be way better off than getting a ton of picks
that most likely won't start anyway in their rookie season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals have no plans on trading the #1 pick - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-20-2020, 05:46 PM