Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's insanity! The war on Christianity......
(10-12-2015, 08:50 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Sorry if my post harkens back to the OP and not to where the discussion currently is, but I felt waged to give my thoughts on the "War on Christianity" or the persecution of Christians.

First, there is no organized attack on Christians. Well, at least on a national scale. There may be smaller groups of like 5 weirdos who get together every Wednesday night to discuss the need to rid the country of Christians. With that said, I do see an increased hostility towards Christianity from society at large however, nothing that Christians need to fear, today, but there are more and more who belittle Christians and their beliefs and, while extremely rare in America, there are those who get violent towards Christians simply because they're Christians, so you can't really blame some for not wanting it to get worse. In any event, there is no war on Christianity (at least, not as of yet).

For the record, I'm not saying that some criticism of Christians and Christian groups are not warranted (i.e. Westboro Baptist Church, Catholic Church hiding pedophiles, etc.), but a lot of it is NOT warranted.

Now, let's get to persecution. The dictionary defines persecute as
1) to pursue with harassing or oppressive treatment, especially because of religious or political beliefs, ethnic or racial origin, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
2.to annoy or trouble persistently.

By either definition, yes, Christians ARE persecuted in this country. Now, if you want to compare it to horrific persecutions like slavery in America, Jews during the Holocaust, or Christians in Muslim countries, then the kind of persecution American Christian faces is extremely tame, at best. I liken it like this: the kind of persecution you and I think of would be like the big bully in school who makes you fear for your life every day at school and maybe you've even been beat up a time or two. American Christian persecution is like cyberbullying. Yeah, technically it's bullying, but you're not in fear of your life or physical well being, plus, it's pretty easy to avoid.

TL;DR version: there is no war on Christianity, but there is persecution of Christians in America but it's about as horrible as you being persecuted by a couple of mosquitos.

Give me examples of Christian persecution in America.

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's insanity! The war on Christianity...... - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-12-2015, 09:30 PM