Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow needs to hand off alot...
(01-20-2020, 11:03 PM)Synric Wrote: I can see the arguement for not resigning Mixon though especially considering Johnathan Taylor and/or D'Andre Swift could be sitting there at 33...

I know the "don't need a RB" thing but we arent talking about just any running backs...

Would have to get the Line and LB's upgraded in FA before going for another RB which is why I would rather pay Mixon.

But yeah, if we did upgrade the Line and LB's in FA would be for drafting one of those guys and moving on if Mixon wants too much.

(01-21-2020, 09:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Exactly, even though they were very different styles, they had multiple run plays designed out of the same formation.  They could run pass plays out of the formation as well.  I always wondered why the Bengals never threw a pass-play wrinkle out of the "#74 is eligible" extra tackle run play, which was actually quite effective in 2009.  

The 49ers had one formation where they ran four different plays out of (according to the announcer) and they ran a 5th which was a pass option.  Zack, although under the scrutiny of a 2-14 season, was at least far less predictable that Marv...We saw more misdirection, moving pocket, etc.  I hope they study some of the running designs that SF has shown...that reverse to Samual was amazing....It catches a defense in overpursuit and wears them out going sideline to sideline.  

I think SF will stop KC just enough to outscore them in the Super Bowl, with Mahommes doing some late-game highlight runs to keep it close, but SF offense has just too many ways to beat you.  

SF 38
KC 32

Thinking something similar. 

49ers - 41
Chiefs - 35

(01-21-2020, 12:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: It's pretty simple, win the L.O.S., win the game. Who's the better QB, Garrapolo, or Rodgers? Build. The. Trenches.

SF built BOTH lines over the last few seasons....they look pretty good. Ninja

Definitely have to do this to of course.

(01-21-2020, 12:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: KC looks pretty damn good, too.

I wonder what finally got them to the big game after 50 years of coming up short...

Sure would be nice to have the QB, good O-line and balanced Offense.

(01-21-2020, 01:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Noticed another trend...how many of the teams in the playoffs have well-paid RBs?
None in the Top 5 paid in the league.
The only teams who are even paying a Top-10 RB salary are SF (McKinnon, who didn't even play this year), Duke Johnson (who wasn't even HOU primary RB), and BAL (Ingram, who making just $1.15 mill more than Bernard).

The teams that are winning in the playoffs are NOT paying RBs big money.
They are using drafted players and/or castoffs that are contributing well at a fraction of the big contracts.

(01-21-2020, 01:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Look at the RBs that SF has and the round in which each was drafted.

Mostert and Breida were UDFAs.
Coleman was a 3rd Rounder, but not by SF.
McKinnon (who hasn't played since 2017) was a 3rd Rounder, but not by SF.

If you have a creative playcaller, you can make the running game flourish without spending a really high pick on a RB.

All true but do you think Taylor is good enough playcaller to make the running game flourish with UDFA's?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow needs to hand off alot... - J24 - 01-20-2020, 12:27 AM
RE: Burrow needs to hand off alot... - CJD - 01-20-2020, 05:14 PM
RE: Burrow needs to hand off alot... - J24 - 01-21-2020, 02:42 PM
RE: Burrow needs to hand off alot... - J24 - 01-22-2020, 02:22 PM
RE: Burrow needs to hand off alot... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-21-2020, 02:56 PM