Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duke Tobin seems to confirm that the Bengals will draft Burrow and trade Dalton
(01-21-2020, 09:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: My son is a Browns fan, he and I just had that conversation, last night.  He kept saying things like "We just need to dump this guy, that guy, and these three other guys, and bring in this one that one and those few over there.".  

I finally had to tell him "Son, they've been doing that for a while now.", "They need to pick a team, and allow it to grow into something good, same with the coaching staff.".  He really didn't appreciate when I explained to him that Baker was already starting to lose his luster, and that now that teams have two years of footage on him, it will be even easier to break down his tendencies, and force him into bad decisions.

He got downright terse with me, when I told him that the Browns weren't doing anything but trying to copycat what the Jaguars did two years ago, and the only difference is that their "collection of talented players" actually got them to the Conference Championship game, while Cleveland's experiment just left fans like him clamoring for yet, another roster and coaching turnover.

Kind of reminds me of my own son and his ideas of how things work which usually are not how they work at all. We had a recent argument over something I called nonsense so he slammed down the phone acting all butt hurt then called his completely unsympathetic sister to complain about things he's known his entire life about me.. LOL The joys of fatherhood, huh? That's the problem with kids today.. They think they're smarter than us old fools.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Duke Tobin seems to confirm that the Bengals will draft Burrow and trade Dalton - grampahol - 01-21-2020, 10:10 PM