Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we really need a veteran QB?
I've said the same thing. We pay the coaches to help him transition and learn the game. Make them do their job. We have many more important needs than a veteran back up QB. I don't see 2020 as the year that we'll be in the hunt. Fix the OLine, fix the LBs, get a TE not named Eifert or Sample to pair with Uzomah, we may also need a #1 WR and a stay healthy #3 wouldn't be a bad idea either.

With the expiring CBA, there's no rollover for 2021. We're sitting right around $50m in cap space and could raise that to $67m by trading/cutting Dalton. Unfortunately, the team will swear by the fact that we have ~$20-25m at best after draft cap and injury money. Considering the brain dead trust that runs this place, I'd rather invest as much as possible in improving as many areas as possible instead of throwing money at a journeyman QB.

The sad fact is that after re-signing our own (including Green, Dennard, and Eifert), I have a feeling the team will say they're tapped with the exception of maybe a Mixon extension and a couple of more Hart/Webb type players at best.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Do we really need a veteran QB? - PhilHos - 01-22-2020, 02:38 PM
Do we really need a veteran QB? - JSR18 - 01-22-2020, 08:52 PM
RE: Do we really need a veteran QB? - muskiesfan - 01-23-2020, 06:54 PM