Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ - 'franchise tag is not the best thing'
(01-23-2020, 08:34 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: That's where I'm at.

I'm afraid that they'll get lazy and roll Dalton's money over to him.

There are a hell of a lot better options to spend BOTH of their money in than paying an aged injured WR.

Love ya AJ but it's a business and they need to start being competitive again and get out of the stone ages of signing FAs !

Spend some of that money on Amari Cooper or a good pass catching TE if they want a weapon.

Cannot rely on AJ to stay healthy, simple as that from what we have seen lately.

(01-23-2020, 09:30 PM)lone bengal Wrote: You hit the nail on the head I completely agree. One of my biggest fears was that the the Bengals will use tagging Green as an excuse to not sign any impact free agents. If your tagging Green and signing no one else it won’t make us a contender. If Green has a good year he’s still a free agent again next season and there’s no way the Bengals will tag him twice , plus he gains all the leverage. Teams could outbid the Bengals to sign Green or he could decide he wants to play for another Organization. Then if the Bengals are still bad they have to factor in signing  a 32 year old for big money on a rebuilding team.

That's it, not for tagging AJ at all now. Lets take care of the O-line, get some weapons for Burrow, some LB's for the Defense 
and Draft Burrow. Think this is the simplest way to turning this shit show around. The worst thing we could do is tag AJ, keep 
Dalton at QB, keep Kirkpatrick and trade back out of Burrow.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AJ - 'franchise tag is not the best thing' - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-23-2020, 10:06 PM