Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ - 'franchise tag is not the best thing'
(01-24-2020, 02:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lone Bengal talked me out of the Tag, I think we could use that money on solidifying the O-line and the LB's and adding
weapons. If we want to spend big money on a top Receiver Amari Cooper would be the guy i would add. Just cannot trust
AJ to stay healthy anymore and 18 mil is a lot of dough for one season we don't even know if he will play in.

I understand the logic of 18 Million to pay Green sounding too much, but the one year contract is a huge benefit to the Bengals.  If AJ wants to get another big bite of the apple, he will HAVE to not only play, but excel.  If he doesn't, his next deal will be worth that much less.  If he does, the Bengals have an asset that they could either sign long-term and let him finish his career here, tag him again if they can't come to a realistic deal, or (unlikely) let him go and get a 3rd round compensatory pick for him.  

I would wager he would produce in that one year, albeit in a forced "bet on yourself" season.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AJ - 'franchise tag is not the best thing' - SHRacerX - 01-24-2020, 05:29 PM