Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Detroit man settles race discrimination lawsuit, then bank won't cash his check
(01-24-2020, 05:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I reject the notion that we can have a thread crying about an African American person being "racist" towards another African American person.

If you want to try a claim of classism or something because they didn't trust him when he only had $0.52 in his account and he's trying to deposit/cash 3 checks that totaled $99,000... sure, why not, we can roll with that if you really want to.

But racism? Are you trying to tell me the African American assistant manager is in some kind of Clayton Bigsby situation?

I don't think the assistant manager is racist against her own race. I think the whole idea of internalized racism is a Clayton Bigsby-esque parody. 

I work in a bank and someone coming with huge checks when they have minimal account activity and balances would be a red flag that requires due diligence. But there's no real evidence of fraud here and yet the assistant manager thought fraud was a forgone conclusion. She reached that conclusion not based on actual evidence, but her own unconscious biases based on the color of his skin. 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Detroit man settles race discrimination lawsuit, then bank won't cash his check - 6andcounting - 01-24-2020, 07:58 PM