Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE Offseason Roster Question to Ask
(01-24-2020, 05:53 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: As the Cincinnati Bengals approach their first full offseason with the new coaching staff still mostly intact, the team is faced with exciting new opportunities in free agency, in the upcoming draft, and there are always the possibility of trades.  It's almost a forgone conclusion the Bengals' first pick in the draft will be Joe Burrow and let's be honest, we -- all of us -- on this board have beat that subject to death. 

What we need to think about are all the other upgrades the Bengals need to make besides quarterback.

With this in mind, I believe those in charge need to think about one question:  Which players on the current roster and which players might we acquire via the draft, trade, or free agency would immediately start on a playoff team like Kansas City or San Francisco? 

Well, let it be known right here and now that the Bengals will ignore opportunities in free agency, Tobin will be in charge of the draft with Mike Brown having to approve each pick (as usual) and the only trade that is likely is the one that will send Andy Dalton to another team for a 3rd round pick.

Yes, there's lots of opportunity there, but sadly, the Bengals are predictable and will predictably do what they usually do, which can generally be boiled down to the least possible effort required to look like they actually did something. Until I see an actual change from the usual, I choose to expect nothing more from them than what I just stated.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE Offseason Roster Question to Ask - BengalChris - 01-24-2020, 09:16 PM